Operations and Maintenance
Operations and Maintenance (O&M) arranges on-campus repair and preventive maintenance services, including electrical and mechanical installations, repairs and check-up, maintaining buildings and equipment, ground services, events support, routine inspections, etc.
Periodic inspections are conducted to evaluate maintenance conditions and identify corrective actions. A qualified team of engineers and technicians is on call 24/7.
- Electrical systems and lighting preventive maintenance and repairs.
- Installations/modifications to electrical systems and components (including high-voltage).
- Restoring power to tripped circuit breakers.
- Exterior and landscaping lighting.
- Cleaning and re-lamping lighting fixtures.
- Maintenance and repair of lighting control panels and other electrical lighting devices.
- Replacement of receptacles and switches.
- Maintaining outlets, lighting fixtures, smoke detectors and fire alarms.
- Elevators maintenance.
- Operating control and monitoring building environmental HVAC systems (remotely or through the Building Management System - BMS). Maintaining and adjusting space temperature and ventilation.
- Repair and testing of refrigeration system components, refrigerators/freezers and ice machines.
- Equipment Maintenance
- Coordinate equipment maintenance and negotiate preventive maintenance visits and warranty contracts with suppliers.
- Repair and maintenance of medical/laboratory equipment such as sterilizers, washers, dryers, vacuum systems, centrifuges, etc….
- Repair and maintenance of heavy equipment and cafeteria kitchen equipment.
- Repair and maintenance of water systems, water fountains, distilled water systems, plumbing fixtures, piping, vacuum breakers, backflow preventers, high temperature hot water and chill water systems.
- Monthly toilet check-up.
Civil and Finishing
- Repair of windows and glass display cases
- Installation and maintenance of window shades, curtains and blinds
- Furniture upholstery and repair
- Installation and maintenance of bookshelves, benches, cabinets, closets, etc.
- Repair and preventive maintenance of classroom chairs and teachers’ desks
- Building Maintenance
- Painting within public areas, classrooms and offices
- Repair and maintenance of floors and floor coverings
- Installation, maintenance and repair of roofs, ceilings, false-ceilings, stairways, handrails, ramps, doors and building entrances
- Keys and Locks
- Cut keys and lock repairs, installations, replacements and re-keying.
- Repair of door hardware and file cabinet and desk locks.
Non-Emergency/Routine Services - Request a non-emergency or routine service by submitting an online service request.
Outsourcing and Various Repair Services
O&M is responsible for managing outsourced equipment maintenance as well as various repair services.
- Provide on-call outsourcing of maintenance and repair services for all university assets (excluding IT equipment) whenever in-house repair cannot be provided.
- Prepare bid documents and evaluate received bids as needed.
- Prepare and manage maintenance contracts; process payments.
- Follow up on scheduled visits and the implementation of preventive maintenance programs.
- Follow-up the repair schedule and costs.
- Administer and operate computer systems pertaining to Operations and Maintenance, such as: the Building Management System (BMS), the CCTV System, the Parking Management System, and the Access Control Systems (including door keying system and records keeping).
- Follow up on the implementation of the preventive maintenance program through the use of computerized maintenance management software.
- Use the BMS for monitoring and reporting energy costs and equipment runtime and alarms, coordinating them with Preventive Maintenance scheduling and automatic work order generation.
- Prepare technical specifications, perform life cycle cost analysis, evaluation, and recommendations for purchases of maintenance items, office equipment, and miscellaneous appliances.